Warden Woods Logo

Save Our Community Centre.
Speak Out! Tell us what the community centre means to you.

More information

Who We Are

Warden Woods: Where Community Meets Opportunity

 

Warden Woods was founded in the 1960s as a project of the Mennonite Church and community partners in response to the needs of residents in a new government housing project in southwest Scarborough.

Built to accommodate 347 families and 392 senior citizens, the housing project had no recreational facilities and few public amenities.  The Church in cooperation with residents launched the Woodland Nursery School,

a teen drop-in centre and a clothing exchange.  In 1970, the Community Centre at 74 Firvalley Court was built with the vision and dedication of church members and the local community.

 

Today, Warden Woods is a multi-service agency governed by a local Board of Directors and funded by all three levels of government, the United Way and other generous partners.  The Centre provides over 50 programmes and services to over 6000 clients annually out of our main Centre and several satellite locations.

 

Click here for our locations

1973  Established the Elderly Persons Centre, Meals-on-Wheels, Home Support

1977  Major new satellite program was launched at Teesdale Place

1985  Incorporated & became a United Way Member Agency

1996  Addition of an Adult Day Service for the Frail Elderly

1998  Early Childhood Services expanded to include a caregiver & child drop-in program

2001  Started a Supportive Housing program at Byng Towers

2003  Added after-school & family support programs at Birchmount & St. Clair

Warden Woods Community Centre Main Office - 74 Firvalley Court, Scarborough, ON M1L 1N9

Tel. 416-694-1138  Fax.  416-694-1161 Email. warden@wardenwoods.com

Copyright © 2012 MNGD MEDIA