Save Our Community Centre.
Speak Out! Tell us what the community centre means to you.
We Love Our Volunteers!
Quite simply, Warden Woods could not operate without our team of over 300 dedicated volunteers, who help out in virtually every programme of the Centre.
Our volunteers help:
• Deliver Meals on Wheels to the homes of seniors
• Read stories and play games with children in our children’s programmes
• Sell delicious fruits and vegetables at our Fresh Produce Market
• Keep our premises and surrounding neighbourhood clean
• Cook and serve lunch to our Friendship Club seniors, Friday Folk, Byng Towers and Teesdale clients
• Plan and execute special events, outings and community festivals
• Serve as Board and Committee members and much more!
AODA & Serve-Ability Training for Volunteers
Contact: Stella, Community Relations Administrator for more information about volunteering at
416-694-1138 ext 153
Warden Woods is committed to excellence in serving all clients, including people with disabilities.
Accessible customer service is not only about the physical accessibility of the building and environment.
It’s also about understanding that people with disabilities may have different needs and how you may
address these needs.
The training below will provide detailed information about the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
(AODA) and tips for accessible customer service, as provided by the Ontario Ministry of Community and
Watch the two-part web-cast on Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act at the Ministry of Community
and Social Services website here.
Download and review the training manual on AODA and Serve-Ability here.
Once you feel ready, test your knowledge by taking the quiz here (answers available on page 2).
After you’ve completed the 3 steps above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you
have watched the web-cast and completed the self-test quiz. Thank you!